Pinterest Fail

Today I ran across a website called Pinstrosity where the blogger herself along with her readers share things that they have tried on Pinterest that haven't gone quite right - This website has inspired me to share with you my Pinstrosity that happened while trying to make Taco Shells last night

Here is the original Pin
Directions: Ccarefully drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack. Bake at 375°F until crispy, 7 to 10 minutes.


Here is how mine turned out
They don't look bad but totally tasted like a cracker!!!

There are two things that I am going to do different the next time I try this
1) Bake for only 5 minutes - I baked for 7 and they were almost inedible at that point
2) Going to drape over only one bar - draping over 2 made them too wide

However one thing that I did do right was the chicken for the tacos - If you haven't tried Lawry's Santa Fe Chili Marinade I highly recommend it!
As you can see I didn't use it as a marinade instead i just threw it into the crock pot on top of a few frozen chicken breast and cooked on low for 6 hours . . . it was the one thing that saved taco night :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Cookies