Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce

Lately it seems like I am finding more recipes that I want to make on Facebook than any where else.

Recently Tasty Posted this video recipe for One Pot Butternut Squash Alfredo that looks pretty good so I decided to try it


Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce

Ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (about half a squash)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of stock (I used chicken)
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg

Directions:
1) Melt butter in a pot over medium heat
2) Add Rosemary, Sage, Butternut Squash, Salt and Pepper, and Stock to the pot and cover for 15 minutes
3) Uncover and smash up the Squash
4) Add Milk, Parm, brown sugar, nutmeg and mix until well blended
5) Let sit on low until sauce thickens up a bit (about 10 minutes)

6) Adjust seasoning and serve over your favorite pasta

NOTE:
--This sauce still had some chunks of the butternut squash in it - for a smooth sauce blend the mixture before step 4 (adding the milk and parm)
--I did adapt the recipe based on what I had at home and overall the sauce was quite tasty. It wasn't too much like an Alfredo to me but definitely did taste like fall! The original recipe pairs the sauce with fettuccine noodle (i did spaghetti today) but next time I make it I think I would do it over ravioli or tortellini :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Homemade Bread