Quinoa Caprese Salad

I've had a box of quinoa in the cupboard for who knows how long - and after inviting one of my co-worker and his wife over for dinner i got the idea from her to use it in a salad

I don't like recipes with ten zillion things in them so when I stumbled upon a caprese quinoa salad on pinterest I knew it would be a good starting point for me.

Quinoa Caprese Salad

Ingredients
1 cup Quinoa dry cooked (1 cup quinoa 2 cups water)
1 container mini tomatoes
5 sticks of string cheese cut up
a handful of basil leaves chopped
Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Directions
1) Mix Everything together
2) When ready to serve top individual portions with oil and vinegar
3) Add salt and pepper to taste

NOTES:
-CousCous would work too
-Feel free to use big tomatoes
-I always have string cheese so thats what I used but a ball/block of mozzarella cheese works too






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Cookies