Pumpkin Butter

I have had pumpkin puree sitting in my freezer since I last made pumpkin seeds with no clue what to do with it.

I need to bring appetizers and snacks to thanksgiving this year so when I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Butter on HonestlyYUM I thought this would be perfect

It took a whole lot longer to make than the recipe made it out to be but luckily the slow cooker did all the work

Pumpkin Butter

Ingredients:
4 cups Pumpkin Puree (or 32 oz)
3/4 cup Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
salt
cinnamon sugar

Directions:
1) Place all ingredients but salt and cinnamon sugar into a crock pot
2) Cook on high until mixture thickens up like peanut butter
3) Add Salt and Cinnamon Sugar towards the end if it tastes like it is missing something

NOTE
-I used frozen homemade pumpkin puree but canned would work too
-Maybe it was because I used frozen puree but it took 11 hours for my mixture to thicken then another hour to completely cool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Cookies