Green Chili Beef Tacos

I'll admit it I am addicted to Pinterest and post tenzillion recipes and craft ideas but hardly ever do any of them. So before going grocery shopping last week I decided to go through my pins and pick out one recipe to make this week.

Typically we make our tacos and burritos with chicken but going through my pins I found an awesome steak recipe that would be good for tacos from Shannon Shaffer on Lifetime Moms. I tweaked it a little bit based on convenience and what we like and in the end it turned out great.

Green Chili Beef Tacos

Ingredients:
2 pounds of Beef Roast
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1 small can of green chilies
2 tablespoons Chipotle Chili in Adobo Paste*
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup of water

Directions:
1) Place Roast in Slow Cooker
2) Season Meat with black pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin
3) Blend the can of green chilies spoon in a food processor then spoon on top of the meat
4) Add Remaining Ingredients
5) Cook on Low for 8 hours
6) Shred meat and serve 

NOTES:
-Chipotle Chili in Adobo Paste - this is basically a can of Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce that has been blended smooth in a food processor. I personally never use a whole can in any recipe that I have made so far so I blend up the excess throw it in the fridge and add a few spoonful's to recipes as needed
-You could really use this recipe with any meat - I planning on trying it with both chicken and pork - with that said buy whatever meat is the cheapest that day no matter the kind or cut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Homemade Bread