Italian Holiday Cookie #1: Biscotti

I love throwing a themed holiday party on Christmas Eve each year for Eddie's Family. Growing up as a family we always celebrated Christmas Eve with my Aunt Rose so when we moved to Utah it didn't feel right not doing anything - Hense Christmas at the Aced every Christmas Eve

This years Theme is Italian Christmas Pizza Party and for dessert I am making a ton of Italian Cookies

Italian Holiday Cookie #1
Biscotti

Ingredients:
3 tbs butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Mix Ins: I used dark chocolate - dried cranberries - dried apricots

Directions:
1) Pre Heat Oven to 350
2) Mix together all ingredients but your mix ins
NOTE: my dough didn't seem to want to come together so I kneaded it by hand until it did

3) Split dough in two and add mix ins until dough forms into 2 logs
NOTE: I did two flavors 1) dark chocolate and 2) dark chocolate with dried cranberries and apricots

4) Bake for 25 minutes then let cool for 10
They grew a little bit but not much

5) Cut up logs into 1/2 inch thick pieces

6) Bake for 12 more minutes until golden brown
7) Cool completely and enjoy

Recipe adapted from: Woman's Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Holiday Cookie #5: Walnut Horns

Copy Cat - Wingers Rebel Sauce

Homemade Bread